Career Meister realises the importance of ensuring that personal information held by the company is treated confidentially and is committed to ensuring that all personal or sensitive information is only collected, disclosed, used and stored in accordance with the National Privacy Principles set out under the federal Privacy Act 1988 (as amended).
PERSONAL & SENSITIVE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information is any information or an opinion about you that is reasonably capable of identifying you. It includes information regarding your name, your contact details, work experience, qualifications, opinions about your work performance including references, incidents at the workplace and other information obtained by us in connection with your work placements.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information, including but not limited to, racial or ethnic origin, membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union, criminal records, health information, religious beliefs or affiliations, sexual preferences or practices. We do not actively seek to collect sensitive information unless it is necessary for our business purposes. If we do have to collect sensitive information, we will do so in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information can only be collected from you and disclosed with your consent.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
More specifically, Career Meister collects your personal information when:
- You register with Career Meister by providing your personal information such as your name and contact details, employment and educational history, qualifications, eligibility to work in Australia, minimum salary expectations, and preferred job classifications and locations. Career Meister may populate this information by adding your resume to create a ‘Career Meister Profile’ that you may choose to use in the future.
- We receive your personal information through telephone conversations with you, via emails or text message and by conducting your preliminary interviews.
- We receive reference or recommendation letters about you from your former and/or current employees, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies.
- We collect information about you from public domain sources including, but not limited to, Linkedln or corporate website.
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquiry in which you were involved.
- You provide us with any additional information.
Career Meister collects a client’s corporate information when:
- The client provides Career Meister with corporate information under a recruitment service agreement between Career Meister and the client.
- The client provides Career Meister with any additional corporate information throughout the recruitment process.
- The client communicates with Career Meister over the telephone, corresponds with Career Meister via emails.
USING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal information that we collect will only be used and disclosed for the purpose for which it has been provided to us.
More specifically, Career Meister uses your personal information:
- To provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process.
- To assess data about you against vacancies which we judge may be suitable for you.
- To send your information to clients (potential future employer) in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs.
- To enable you to submit your resume, apply online for jobs.
- To market our full range of recruitment services to you (permanent, temporary, contract, outplacement and recruitment process outsourcing services).
- To answer your questions and enquiries.
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party source, psychometric evaluation or skill test.
- To third parties, regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings.
Career Meister may disclose a candidate’s personal information to:
- Potential and actual employers, clients of Career Meister.
- A professional association or registration body that has a legitimate interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information.
- Education providers to verify your qualifications.
- Former employees to verify your previous employment.
- A Workers Compensation body.
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
Please note, by applying to a position advertised by Career Meister the candidate is deemed to be requesting that Career Meister passes the information to our client.
Corporate information that we use and disclose about a client is strictly used only for the purposes of recruitment services that we provide in accordance with separate agreement between Career Meister and the client.
CAREER MEISTER PROFILE
Registered users of our website may store resume in their ‘Career Meister Profile’ area of our website, and use the resume when applying for a job.
If you choose a stored resume as your default resume Career Meister may use an algorithm that uses that resume, along with other factors, to calculate how you may rate against other candidates in relation to job opportunities that are surfaced to you following a job search or otherwise through Career Meister products and services. This assessment may be shown to you when you are viewing a job advertisement and may also be shown to hirers as an indication of Career Meister’s assessment of your suitability to a position that a hirer is trying to fill.
Career Meister Profile allows registered users to store up to three resumes at the same time. Each of resumes will be automatically removed from your Profile page and Career Meister server one year after they are uploaded. Registered user can edit, re-upload and delete their resumes any time in their “Career Meister Profile”.
To delete your Career Meister Profile you will need to delete your entire account with Career Meister.
We reserve the right to disable a Career Meister Profile page at its sole discretion (for example if information is found or believed to be untrue or being stored for improper purposes).
Making an online application to a job advertisement on Career Meister website is a free and optional service that requires candidates to complete mandatory fields (for example first name, last name, telephone number and email) so that Career Meister can identify and contact the applicant. Career Meister may also require you to answer a list of questions as part of your online application.
If you choose not to provide us with the information we seek:
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you.
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work.
When first applying for a job, candidates who do not have a Career Meister Profile will also be required to create a Career Meister Profile via our website, based on the information contained in their application.
COMMUNICATION TO AND FROM CAREER MEISTER
Career Meister may also provide you with selected information about job placement and career-related topics in email communications. From time to time Career Meister may also contact you by telephone. Career Meister may also make registered users aware of additional products and services, which form part of your relationship with Career Meister.
When we speak to you over the phone we may record the calls for training, verification and quality assurance purposes. Any personal information collected on those calls is used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
STORAGE AND SECURITY
Career Meister takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our system and to protect your information from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Career Meister allows you to access your information at any time to keep it accurate and up to date. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality and privacy of any personal information held by Career Meister.
Except in the case of breaches of our obligations under the Privacy Act to protect your personal information, Career Meister will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information.
In the event of a data breach, Career Meister is committed to complying in all respects with the requirements of all Australian Privacy Laws and where required, the provisions of the GDPR. You can also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on our website. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user, or any other breach of security relating to your account.
We retain information you provide to us and which we collect about you, including personal information and personal data, for so long as we continue to provide services to you and specifically until such time as you request us to delete your personal information and personal data.
When you visit our website, we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the website. We will not associate any data gathered from the site with any personally identifying information.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITE
External sites that are linked to or from our website are not under our control and you are advised to review their Privacy Policies.
FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS
Career Meister welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of our website. Career Meister stores feedback that users send to us. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the service we provide and may be shared with Career Meister partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
If you have any complaints about our dealings with your personal information including any breaches by us of any Australian Privacy Principles or any questions regarding this Privacy Statement you are able to submit that complaint or query by contacting us (below). Any complaints received by us will be referred to our compliance team for prompt investigation and a written response will be provided to you as soon as possible.