Our client is a global consulting firm and their core business area has been the “highly specialised services by leveraging their expertise in finance, accounting and taxation”.
They have been offering support for their clients’ global strategies consistently and they now offer services related to finance, accounting, taxation, human resources, support for overseas expansion as well as support for corporate management after expansion.
purpose of this role
International Business Consultant role provides Accounting, Taxation and/or M&A Consulting related services for global companies in Australia
- General Accounting work for the preparation of client’s Special Purpose Financial Statements (companies, partnerships, sole traders and trusts)
- General bookkeeping / compliance duties for preparation of client’s Activity Statements
- Setting up & assisting clients in the use of computerised cash books
- Reconciliation of client’s employee wages records for preparations of PAYG payment summaries and workcover declarations
- Assisting Senior Manager(s) to gather documents, research compliance issues, prepare summaries / calculations and other duties as required to prepare professional advice letters to clients
- Researching changes to relevant accounting standards, tax regulations and government policies.
- Any other duties required by Management
key attributes, experience & role expectations
- Qualified or nearly Accountant (CA/CPA)
- Proven performance and achievement of financial objectives in a similar environment
- A high level of proficiency with Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English to tailor your approach based on client needs
- Ability to cope with high volume workload
- Fast and accurate data entry
- Keen eye to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High organisational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels
- Must have strong people/customer service skills
- An understanding of Japanese business culture is a bonus
where do you work?
This role is located in MELBOURNE CBD, and close to many options for public transport.
This role starts from June/July 2019 (ASAP preferred)