Assistant Buyer is responsible for supporting Retail Buyer to liaison with Japan Head Office and local suppliers. This role will be based in Head Office in CBD, Melbourne.
JOB TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Product selection for all new products and range selection for seasonal promotions
- Liaison with Head Office in Japan
- Replenish stock and work out order quantity from Asian ports and local suppliers into warehouse in Australia
- Price setting and margin management in line with company KPI’s
- Obtaining sales and SOH information from system and update monthly reports
- Analysing weekly reports and forecasting.
- Making sure products meet the Australian standards in terms of compliance
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Intermediate to excellent Microsoft Excel Skill
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Understanding of the company brand, products and role requirements
- Japanese language skill to communicate with Japan Head Office
WHO IS OUR CLIENT
Our client is one of the fastest growing retailers in Australia. They arrived in Australia in 2009 with a licensed distributor and in 2013, opened their first corporate store. Currently there are 37 corporate owned stores across Australia, with 15 stores in Queensland, 12 stores in New South Wales, 7 stores in Victoria and 3 stores in South Australia.
In Australia, they stock over 12,000 lines, ranging from Food, Beauty, Stationery, Kitchen, Cleaning and many more categories. Their philosophy is simple, to create stores that help customers find surprises and fun in a way that is unrivalled.
This role is located in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, very close to many options for public transport.
*This role will be requested to travel or work in other locations from time to time
Monday to Friday (9:00-17:30)
This role starts from November to December 2019 (ideally ASAP)