To successfully manage and understand the people and business needs of the company, focusing on Australian Head Office and Retail.
To provide operational and commercially sound advice and direction on all Human Resources (HR) related issues (including, but not limited to, recruitment, performance management, talent management, job evaluation, OH&S, legislation).
To significantly contribute to the development and implementation of company’s HR strategy and management of subsequent solutions for the respective territory.
- Establish HR functions for the company in accordance with the company’s strategic and operational goals
- Managing day-to-day operational HR requirements
- Oversee OH&S issues and ensure the company is up to date with current OH&S legislation
- Staff inductions/recruitment procedures including exit interviews and performance management based issues
- Support store managers and other Management personnel around HR issues
- Coordination of Performance Appraisal process
- Maintain and improve existing HR based policies
- Supporting Managers in the facilitation of employee relations, performance reviews and effective career development for all staff
- Organise training and other recommended staff based programs
- Creation & maintenance of employee documentation i.e. Position Descriptions, Employment Contracts etc.
- Coordination of Work Cover claims and return to work plans
- Organise and maintain an effective filing system for all aspects related to HR and OH&S
- Manage Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) enquiries and to ensure that company policies and procedures are up-to-date and in line with industry standards for EEO
- Preparation of HR related reporting
- Other HR related projects as required
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- A degree in human resources coupled with a minimum of 3 years in a dedicated HR environment within Retail industry
- Understanding of employment legislation, Awards and Enterprise Agreements
- Knowledge of the Fair Work Act and NES
- Experience in advising managers and staff on employee relations, equal employment opportunity principles and policies and procedures
- Experience in utilising HR systems and the ability to generate reports
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and the ability to set work priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication and language skills
- Experience in Recruitment and Selection methods and training development and delivery
- Understanding of company’s approach to products and a passion for the brand
- Solid IT skills – Microsoft office
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our Client is one of the top leading global retailers which sells a wide variety of household and consumer goods. They are distinguished by its design minimalism, emphasis on recycling, avoidance of waste in production and packaging, and no-logo or “no-brand” policy.
They are based on three core principles, which remain unchanged to this day:
- Selection of materials
- Streamlining of processes
- Simplification of packages
There are more than 700 stores around the world, carrying more than 7,000 items ranging from clothing and household goods to food.
This role is located in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, very close to many options for public transport.
*This role will be requested to travel or work in other locations from time to time
Monday to Friday (9:30-18:00)
This role starts from February to March 2020 (ideally ASAP)